Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

What is the equivalent word for 'to have' in Hindi? How do Hindi speakers get by w/o using 'have'??

Holler holler!

For learning: Hindi

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    I don't think there is any specific word for " have ", actually a lot of words are used depending upon the context or the use of have in the sentence like " hona/होना , hai/है , rakhna/रखना "etc.

I have to do this - मुझे यह करना ही होगा | / mujhe yah karna hi hoga - here " hoga/होगा " is used for
    " have " and " karna/करना " is for " to do ".

he has property - उसके पास सम्पत्ति है |/ uske pas sampatti hai - here " pas hai/पास है " is used for " has ".

I'll have the sofa in this room- मैं इस कमरे में सोफा चाहूँगा|/ main iss kamre mein sofa chahunga - here " chahunga/चाहूँगा " is used for " will have " .

More open questions for learning Hindi