What does the construction 有 + Verb mean?

for example: 你有玩 weibo 嗎?
What is the purpose of the 有 in this kind of sentence?
I've been wondering about this forever! even as I use it myself

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    People from Taiwan area usually use 有. It kinda represents present perfect tense.
    In mainland China, we understand it but don't use it so often. You can remove 有 from the sentence.

It can remove '有',Meaning is the same。

有 + Verb means the state"have got"or"have done".
    For example:

我的習慣是這樣. 口語用法. 疑問句型. 加上"有沒有".
    例如: 你有沒有去過東京? 你有沒有吃過微熱山丘的鳳梨酥?
    但書寫體. 還是這樣: 你去過東京嗎? 你吃過微熱山丘的鳳梨酥嗎? 真好吃.
    肯定句型. 我不會說: 我有去過香港. 而是說: 我曾經去過香港.
    至於否定句型: 我從來沒有去過東京. 無論在口語中或是正式寫作. 都是普遍用法.

Better not use this.In mandarin Chinese it doesn't sound genuine nor proper,although it's not absolutely wrong.At least I never say it(I grew up in Beijing whose Chinese is most standard spoken form ).but if you insist on an answer,that means :Have you done ..... similar to perfect tenses(present or past)in English.again,it's not a proper way to say 你有做。。。吗? You probably saw this from people from the south of China who speak dialects different from madarin Chinese which is based on peking(Beijing) dialect.Instead the better way to express the same thing can be -----你玩过weibo 吗?

This is more like Taiwanese Mandarin (Fujian, or par of Guangdong Chinese will say like this), used in the past perfect tense,我有吃过饭,我有去过欧洲. here, in this case "你有玩微博吗?“,just ask whether you have this kind of behavior. In standard Mandarin, you'd better avoid this kind of expression. You'd better say, 你玩微博吗? 你吃过饭了吗?or你有没有吃过饭?

expresses "action in the past"

有+verb is old Mandarin for something you have done before. It's now not grammatical in mainland Mandarin. However, it's used in Cantonese, Minnan language and some other Mandarian variants. People from Taiwan use it often.