This one too,how to translate it

At,to,in,on,under,over,behind,of and 's

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    I'm not a native speaker, but I'll answer as much of this as I can.

Chinese doesn't use prepositions like in English. Most prepositions are either verbs or nouns.

在 means 'at'. Keep in mind that we sometimes use 'in' unnecessarily in English (ex. I live in...)
    我在... Means 'I am at...'

里 is used to make 'in'. It is placed after a noun, to mean the location inside that noun. For example, 房子 (house) + 里 means inside the house. So 我在房子里 means 'I am in a/the house'.

Most dictionary list 的 as 'of', but in reality it's a reversed 'of' (meaning the same as 's). 我的...= My..., 你的...= Your..., 猫的...= The cat's... etc. 的 is also used to make adverbial clauses. 我穿衣服 means 'I am wearing clothes', but 我穿的衣服 means 'The clothes that I'm wearing'. It can also be used between adjectives and verbs 蓝的狗.

I've seen 上 used as 'on' and 'over' and 下 as under. 上 and 下 have a lot of meanings. 上星期 means last week (I always think that the last week is the one ABOVE the current one when looking at a calendar) and 上课/下课 is to attend or finish class. If you want to specify the 'top side' and/or the 'bottom side', combine it with 边 (which means 'side'). 我在你的房子的上边 means 'I am on top of your house'. I don't know what happens if you say something like 我上你的房子, since 上 can mean so many things. A native speaker could probably explain it better.

The Chinese don't use 'to' like in English. They just say '我去大学' (literally 'I go university') or '我看电视' (lit. 'I look television'). Since a lot of prepositions are just verbs, they don't need to combine them with verbs like in English.

Behind = 后边/后面
    Front = 前边/前面
    Ex. 房子的后面 means 'the front of the house'.

My understanding is not that great, hopefully a native speaker can explain it better. I'm happy to have anybody correct any mistakes.

at:在······(+时间/地点),以······(+价格/速度)
    eg. at home:在家 ,at school:在学校,at 7 o'clock:七点钟;at a staggering rate:以惊人的速 度;at a good price:以合理的价格
    to:到,向,去(表示目的,方向),对,给
    eg. go to the movie:去看电影,He went to the window and looked out:他走到窗前向外望去;to me:对我而言,对我来说;give it to me:把它给我
    on:在······之上(表接触),在······时候
    eg. on the floor:在地板上, on the desk:在桌子上;on the bus/train/plane:在公车/火车/飞机上;on Christmas Day:(在)圣诞节(那天),on May 15th:(在)5月15号
    under:在······之下,在下面,在下方
    eg.under the ground/water:在地下/水下
    over:在······之上,越过,穿过;结束,完毕;结束的(adj)
    eg.over the rainbow:彩虹之上,fly over...:飞过,飞越,it's over:结束了,完了
    behind:在······后面,在······背后
    eg. behind the door:在门背后,behind sb. :在某人身后
    of: ······的(表从属关系)
    eg. one of them:其中之一, the meaning of this word:这个词的意思
    's: ······的
    eg. Children's Day:儿童(的)节,Mothers' Day:母亲(的)节

It's hard to explain these words.They may have quite different meanings according to different sentences.

中文里没有固定的词对应 "to"~~