Под ним десяток солдат повиси-ка на нем

I understand the words in the sentence. I don't understand the construction of the verb повиснуть with the "-ka" ending. Is this construction possible only with this verb or is it possible that it can be done with other verbs? What does it do to the verb and what form should the verb enter in order to use this construction?

For learning: Russian

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    I would like to add that verb with the "ka"-ending very similar with constructions "Ну-ка +verb" and "a ну +verb", but the last one just a little ruder. (I thought, if you already know this words and constructions it will be easier for you to understand)
    For example, "Принеси-ка воды"= "А ну, принеси воды", "Иди-ка умойся"="А ну, иди умойся", "Посмотри-ка в окно"="Ну-ка, посмотри в окно", "Повиси-ка на нем"="Ну-ка, повиси на нем" This is sort of call to action.

This particle means mitigation requirements. Принеси-ка, подай-ка, налей-ка.

It is used for softening commands or requests, informal way to express it. It can be used not only with this verb: встань-ка, подумай-ка, подай-ка. Only informal.
    It's formed with imperative verb+ка.