"RESET" with Russia

WHAT MEANS THE RESET IN THIS TEXT?
thanks for help!!!

The American government announced a visa ban on dozens of Russian officials linked to the death of Sergei Magnitsky, a tax lawyer who died in a Moscow prison in suspicious circumstances in two thousand and nine.
The move was designed in part to stop American senators legislating on the matter, which the White House fears could jeopardise its "RESET" with Russia.

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    I do NOT know anything about video games, but I think that if you want to restart a game, you push the "reset" button. Am I right?

So let's say that the United States and Russia are playing a video game. Let's say that one of the countries is losing the game. Maybe the other country will be very nice and say, "OK. Let's push the reset button and start the game again."

In other words, for many years relations between your country and my country have not always been smooth. So a few years ago, many Americans said something like: Let's push the reset button. (That is, let's forget what has happened in the past between our two countries. Let's start from 0.)