I was going through the lyrics of a song in order to try and work on my translating/vocab and came across the word 隠せぬ. Is it just a misprint and supposed to be 隠せる, or is there a grammatical reason to change the ending?

another site I used to try and figure it out on my own:

For learning: Japanese

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    '隠せぬ' means 'unable to hide'. 'ぬ' is an auxiliary verb that has the same meaning as 'ない'. It can be used either before a noun or noun phrase as in that lyrics, or at the end of a sentence to end it.

When used at the end of a sentence, people usually pronounce it as 'ん'.
    わからぬ = わからん = わからない = do not understand
    読まぬ = 読まん = 読まない = do not read
    The ん form sounds a bit more formal than the ない form, and is more often used by old people or in Western Japan.

I like Tangoya-san's answer. I'd just like to add that ぬ can be considered an archaic or poetic form of ない.

I was just wondering, did Tangoya-san mean that the ん form sounded more FORMAL or INFORMAL than the ない form? Because I think even though people in Western Japan would say わからん, they would still write わからない unless they are writing a dialogue.