I'm not quite sure why the writer used 瞧 where he did in this sentence. Please can you explain?

I know what 瞧 means, I'm not quite sure why the writer used 瞧 where he did in this sentence. Please can you explain?

德思礼先生最看不惯别人穿得怪模怪样,瞧年轻人的那身打扮!

Why did the writer need to use 瞧 here? Why not just say 德思礼先生最看不惯别人穿得怪模怪样,年轻人的那身打扮!?

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    哈利·波特与魔法石????

“瞧年轻人的那身打扮!”用来补充说明 德思礼先生最看不惯别人穿得怪模怪样。

瞧xxxxx 有贬义,反讽,不屑的意味在里面。
    一般来说,瞧跟看的意思差不多
    总之,这个太难了,了解就够了~~~

瞧here means "to be look like o.th/s.o"

PS:a good auther, there are many words to use , it is to show the richness of the language.

瞧 Is a powerful verb , which means 看.
    瞧年轻人的一身打扮!= look the way how young people get dressed! 瞧 is the verb in this sentence. 看不惯 is the verb in the previous sentence. This sentence tells us 德思礼先生 is not happy when he see those young people with strange clothes.
    We can use 看 as an instead here. But 瞧 is much better, because there is a 看不惯 already.

I like Maggie's translation.
    瞧年轻人的那身打扮! is free direct speech here, and would be the equivalent of: Just look at the way young people dress themselves! (Or it could be one young person.)