"but that I am prepared for"?

"If I fail, I shall, of course, incur all the blame due to this omission; but that I am prepared for."

In the sentence above,"but that I am prepared for."
Why don't we say "but I am prepared for that" instead?
And, why don't we say "but that I HAVE prepared for"?

Thank you very much!

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    You could use both alternatives you've proposed, with slight shifts in meaning.

"I'm prepared for that" would be the unmarked way of expressing this idea. By fronting "that", you give it emphasis. Being blamed isn't pleasant, but it's okay, you're psychologically ready to deal with that possibility.

"I'm prepared" is stative and just means you're ready psychologically (心理准备). If you said "I have prepared", it implies that you actually "did" something to prepare psychologically (had a few drinks at the bar, wrote down some responses to address the potential criticism, etc., shielded your job somehow from the negative fallout, etc.)