Translation of 还有的喜欢安静的坐着

还有的喜欢安静的坐着
Does it mean:
The others like sitting in the quiet?

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    This is just a solid structure of Chinese sentence that usually describe what about people doing. For example: Some people like seeing sunshine
    Some people like swimiming in the sea
    some people like sitting just queitly
    .........
    It's just different people are enjoying different things.

Your translation is fine.

I think the translation of this sentence would be more like "also some like to sit quietly", since "还" means "also" and "有的" means "some", I don't know what does the word "有的" refer in this sentence, but I assume it refers to "some people". Also I think it should be "安静地坐着" instead of "安静的坐着", since the word "坐着" is a verb, or a motion, so it should be "地" instead of "的" before a verb.

give you a complete sentence:some people like standing ,others like sitting in the quiet(有的人喜欢站着,有的人喜欢安静的坐着)
    so i thing think Weiyang Luo's answer is more accurate .i hope i can help you .

I prefer to translate so:

And some like sitting in the quiet. "还" means "in addition","not only ... but also ..."

More open questions for learning Chinese (Mandarin)