Question about the verb 想

I know that 我想你 can mean ''i miss you'', ''i think about you'', or even ''i want you''. My question is how can I differentiate the meanings? for instance if I want to tell a friend that I think about them.. will they think that i'm saying that I miss them?

Answers

As far as I know, 我想你 means and only means I miss you.
    Sorry I don't understand it when you say "I think about them". What does that mean?
    I want you -- 我(想)要你

Haha , this is an interesting question . It made me laugh when SonGoku said that he/she doesn't understand the difference in English . Anyway I would say 我正在想你 , for "I am thinking about you" . But I could be wrong . Can a Chinese person please tell us how you would translate 我正在想你 to English ? Is it "I am thinking about you." or is it also "I miss you ."

''i miss you'' 我想念你
    ''i think about you'' 我在想关于你的事 / 我在思考你这个人
    ''i want you''. 我要你

My question is how can I differentiate the meanings? for instance if I want to tell a friend that I think about them.. will they think that i'm saying that I miss them?

if you only say 我想你
    sometimes, it depends on the context and the relationship between you and your friend.
    normally,if you say 我想你only , your Chinese friend will understand by ''i miss you''
    if you say 我在想你 XXXX , plus what exact you are thinking, i mean for example"I am thinking about you that whether you will come tomorrow" then they would not misunderstand at all.

indeed in chinese / i miss u /
    can mean all above u said

and with the relation ship u can know the meaning better.

ex. i miss u in chinese 我想你
    talking to friends means miss ..
    talk to boy or gf means miss and makeing love
    etc etc

by situation
    for all Chinese "how do i know the difference when" the only answer is "situation"