Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

according to the first sentence, did the dissection take place or not?

Many times have I had the curiosity to open the stomachs of woodcocks and snipes; but nothing ever occurred that helped to explain to me what their subsistence might be: all that I could ever find was a soft mucus, among which lay many pellucid small gravels.

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    yes.

According to "Many times have I had the curiosity to open the stomachs of woodcocks and snipes",it didn't take place. However,according to this :''all that I could ever find was a soft mucus, among which lay many pellucid small gravels'' ,it had took place.