Umm, Cheesy?

In English, we describe hackneyed, clichéd music as 'Cheesy'. The simplicity of adding a 'Y' to a noun to convert it to an adjective is quite common in English. ie. 'Tin' - 'tinny' (to describe sound for example) or 'Ham' - 'Hammy' = Bad acting. And probably the most common example I can think of is 'Fun' becomes 'Funny'.

In theory, this process can be used with any noun, and often the result isn't a 'real' word - but would be instantly understandable to any native speaker...It can also be used both literally (as with 'Funny') and metaphorically (as with cheesy).

I'm guessing 'Formaggioy' doesn't work lol :-p

So my questions are as follows:

1. How do Italians describe 'cheesy' music?
2. Is there a similar process for easily converting nouns to adjectives in Italian? Or must I use a phrase? 'è come...'
3. If there is a similar process, can you think of any common examples?

Please feel free to expand in your answers. I'm very interested to hear your responses.

Grazie

For learning: Italian

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    sostantivo+oso
    oppure:
    sostantivo + ico
    ferro: ferroso (adj.)
    legno: legnoso (adj.)
    metallo: metallico (adj.)
    noia: noioso
    As you might have guessed, we can't produce what we like using these suffixes, but we MUST stick to the language, i.e. to the words (adjectives) that
    actually exist, but when you encounter such prefixes you can be quite sure of their meaning, if you know the meaning of the noun in the root.

There are exceptions, like the derivation from
    ufficio to ufficioso, with a quite distant meaning.