What's the difference?

I would like to know when I would use....

1. 나는 vs 저는

2. 이/가 vs 은/는

3. 그리고 vs 하고 vs 고

Thanks :)

For learning: Korean

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    Hi! :)

1. 나는 is the informal form and should be used in informal situations ( 나 is informal word for " Me / I " and " 저 " is the polite form of it ). 나 is used while you're talking informally ( 반말 ) with your friend ( the same age ) or with your younger siblings or any other younger person. But 저 is formal and polite form used in formal situations like talking to older people, or people who are higher than you ( like your boss ) or simply when you are being more polite.

2. 이/가 are subject marking particles, depending on the word ending ( vowel or consonant ) they are used. If the word ends in vowel then 가 is used and if it ends in a consonant 이 is used.

은/는 are topic marking particles and these two depend on the word ending, too. if the word ends in a vowel, then 는 is used, and if it ends in a consonant 은 is used.

here you can find a complete explanation for these particles:
    " www.talktomeinkorean.com/lessons/l1l9/ "

3. 고 is the shortened form for 그리고 so both mean " and " and 하고 is a little different from them. this is more used when you're attaching two things together, like when you're saying " I want milk and bread = 우유하고 빵 싶어요 " or " give me this and this = 이거하고 이거 주세요 "

그리고 has the meaning of “and” and “and then”, depending on the context and is used both for linking nouns and phrases, but in colloquial situations, 그리고 is more commonly used for linking phrases.

you can also find complete explanations about 그리고 here
    " www.talktomeinkorean.com/lessons/level-2-lesson-3/ "

and about 고 here: " www.talktomeinkorean.com/lessons/level-3-lesson-2/ "

and about 하고 here: " www.talktomeinkorean.com/lessons/level-2-lesson-4/ "

I hope it helps :)