How do you deal with Language Speaking Anxiety?

Hello!I find that I suffer from a very common problem which is that I have an intense anxiety over speaking my second language. I have tried many methods to get over this feeling, but it's stayed with me. Does anyone have any advice or methods they use to get over language speaking anxiety?

For learning: Hindi

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    One slightly unusual, less popular but effective technique is to talk to yourself...just take care that not much people are around to give you side glances :) Well, I strongly recommend it.

Just check a quick reference at - http://www.tofugu.com/2012/04/24/practicing-japanese-to-insanity/

You just have to do it! The more you speak, the more confident you'll be. I would highly recommend finding a teacher on here because they are being paid to be patient and encouraging. I have found that some of my friends who are native Spanish speakers are not as patient and always want to switch back to English because it's easier for them. But my teacher speaks to me in Spanish all the time, and that's been incredibly helpful.

If you need some online encouragement, Benny the Polyglot from Fluent in 3 Months has some good posts on his blog. They can tend to be verbose, but they are encouraging and help me remember that my goal is to communicate with people that I couldn't otherwise talk to, not to be perfect in my new language.

Hope this helps!