Il fixe l’image floue des feuilles flétries du regard qui crissent sous ses pieds.

I want to say "He gazes down at the blur of withered leaves crunching under his feet." in French.

Is this the correct translation:

Thank you!

For learning: French

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    We can't translate literally and I hope this helps you, because I try to learn how to translate from English to French . lol Oh my gosh ! Don't worry, I'm a French native with an Italian nickname. Well, I think it means :" il baisse le regard sur l'image floue de feuilles mortes crissant sous ses pieds." It's the right expression in French while respecting the way you say in French and also the meaning in English.

I don't agree with you , melancolie.....Often, people love our language because we can speak in different way and it's very pleasant when we tell about poems or we write in this way ; I think this person was thinking and it seems a nice way to describe this thinking moment . Our language is very special in different sense and a lot of people in France, seens don't understand this expression because they don't really love their language and it's a pity to see how they write and speak a very bad French.

More resolved questions for learning French