Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

what does "quarterbacking" mean?

Hi,you know the Duchess of Cambridge have given birth to a boy.It's a big happy to everyone .I read a news and here has a sentence"Is the Duchess of Cambridge prepared for the post-partum quarterbacking?" We know quarterbacking is participle of "quarterback".So what does the word mean here? Thank you !!!

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    I agree with Randy. The quarterback on an American football team directs the play of the team. Post-partum quarterbacking would mean directing the new parents what to do with their baby.

I believe their meaning refers to all the well-meaning, unsolicited advice she is already receiving. The use of the term here is not too clear.