short e vs short i and short a vs short u

I have problems to distinguish between those group of sounds, short e in words like bet, set and short i sit, big, for me both short i and short e sound very similar.

I also have problems to distinguish between short a and short u, short a in sounds like: cat, at and short u in sounds like sun, under.

Do you know a good method for distinguishing these confusing sounds?

I have took some test listening some minimal pairs, But I feel sometimes I choose an answer without knowing which of these really is.

Thank you in advance.

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker

Try this link, you can access the phonetics and listen to the sounds, an idea is when repeating words and sounds, always record your voice, this way you will have a better idea as to whether you're pronouncing the sounds correctly. You'll also find a few listening exercises here. Good luck! Clair

Hmm, have you looked at this site before: