Meaning and correction "Natutuwa ako sayo kasi kahit pagod ka nakukuha mo pa ang tumawa" ang + verb

Hello

I think I get the gist of this sentence (written by a friend, so it might not be entirely grammatical).

"Natutuwa ako sayo kasi kahit pagod ka nakukuha mo pa ang tumawa"

My attempt: I'm joyful for you because even when you're tired you're still able to get the "to laugh".

Basically, I don't understand what "ang tumawa" means.

I would know what "ang tumawa" (or ang + verb) means in other contexts, such as

"Ikaw ang tumaawa" "You are the one who is laughing"

Perhaps this sentence written by my friend is not grammatically correct so that's the source of confusion? In my head, it would make more sense if it was "ang pagtawa" --> "you're still able to get/take a laugh".

Salamat nang maaga

If this question isn't clear enough, let me know.

For learning: Filipino (Tagalog)

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    Your hunch was right, your friend was grammatically incorrect.
    "Natutuwa ako sayo kasi kahit pagod ka nakukuha mo pa ang tumawa." should be "Natutuwa ako sa 'yo kasi kahit pagod ka, nakukuha mo pang tumawa." It's supposed to be the enclitic particle "pa" (which means still, else, in addition, yet) with the linker "-ng".

Hope I answered your question. ;)

Hola amigo, agradable de verte otra vez!

According to your post, "Natutuwa ako sayo kasi kahit pagod ka nakukuha mo pa ang tumawa" That makes sense as well.
    It would be much better if he/she says, "Natutuwa ako sayo kasi kahit pagod ka "na"(means already, adverb) nakukuha mo pa tumawa." See i rid off the word "ang" and added a new word "na" "ang" can be omitted.

"Ang tumawa" means lit. "The laugh"
    "Ang pagtawa" means "The laughter"

Espero que te ayuda mucho xD

"Natutuwa ako sayo kasi kahit pagod ka nakukuha mo pa ang tumawa" - This is correct
    tumawa can be noun or verb in Filipino but if you translate it in English it will become verb.

If using "ang" will confuse you, you can use the word "pang" + verb just like green said.

P.S

If you will say " Natutuwa ako sayo kasi kahit pagod ka nakukuha mo pa ang pagtawa"
    It would be grammatical wrong.

It can be said as "Natutuwa ako sayo kasi kahit pagod ka (na), nakukuha mo pang tumawa."
    Noun+ang Adv.+ang and V+ang
    Ex.
    Pa(yet)+ang=Pang
    Mukha (face) + ang = Mukhang (Turns into an adverb/adj.)
    Madilim (dark) + ang = Madilim-ng (X) Madilim ang (O)

This combination is only applicable for nouns, verbs, adverbs, and adjectives that end in vowels. It is also, often used in colloquial conversations.