How to say "I hope you will call him" in Tagalog + How to say "to hope" using other pronouns.

According to my grammar reference, "I hope you (are the one who) will call him" in Tagalog should resemble to this:

Ikaw sana ang tatawagan siya.

Now I'm not sure whether sana has to come before or after, or if it doesn't matter.

I think that "sana" isn't really "I hope" but more like "Hopefully" but it isn't quite used exactly as an adverb.

I'm curious to know how I could say "We hope to meet you soon", "You hope to get a good spot at the show tomorrow" or even: "He hopes that I will wait for you".

Therefore, is there any other way to express "I hope" or "hopefully" rather than using "sana"?

Salamat nang maaga.

For learning: Filipino (Tagalog)

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    A better and precise translation would be "Umaasa ako na ikaw and tatawag sa kanya." = "I hope you (are the one who) will call him"

Rootword is "asa" = "to expect, to hope"; it can also mean "to depend".

We hope to meet you soon = Umaasa kami na makikita ka namin sa lalong madaling panahon
    You hope to get a good spot at the show tomorrow = Umaasa ka na makakakuha ka ng magandang puwesto sa palabas bukas.
    He hopes that I will wait for you = Umaasa siya na aantayin kita.

Hope this helps. :)

More open questions for learning Filipino (Tagalog)