Question concerning the use of "ay" and how it alters the sentence.

Question of the day #2, simplier than the previous one...

On a language learning website, on a video made by them, the following sentence was written:

"Ang balbón na aso ay hinahabol ang bola" "The hairy dog is chasing the ball".

If we didn't use "ay", I think it would be like this: "Hinahabol NG balbón na aso ang bola."

Does that mean that the subject that we put in front of the verb while using "ay" is always marked by "ang" no matter what are the affixes of the verb?
In this case, we have "habulin" which is object focus.

Salamat nang maaga.

For learning: Filipino (Tagalog)

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    "Ay" corresponds to the English "be verbs" am, is, are...
    It only appears if we use the Subject-Verb-Object structure like a usual English sentence.
    "Ang balbón na aso (subject) ay (be verb) hinahabol (verb) ang bola (object)"
    If we invert it and do the Verb-Subject-Object, which sounds more natural,
    "Hinahabol (verb) ng balbón na aso (subject) ang bola(object)." "ay" is no where to be seen.

Now if the subject that we put in front of the verb while using "ay" is always marked by "ang" regardless of what affixes the verb used?---> Not necessarily.
    Because if I were to use pronouns as the subject: Ako ay aalis na. (I'm going to leave now)
    Kung ikaw ay artista... (If you were an actor...), "Ang" will be absurd just like "The" in their English counterparts.

Hope I made it clear. :)

More open questions for learning Filipino (Tagalog)