“-려나요”

What does this ending mean?

Example: “당신은 나를 떠나려나요”

Some sources I’ve found say that “-려나” means the speaker is wondering to himself. Does adding “-요” change the meaning? After all, “요” makes it polite, and you don’t need to be polite if you’re talking to yourself. I also know that the syllable “-려” in some patterns indicates an intent to do something. Does “-려나요” mean you’re asking a person and wondering what he intends to do?

If so, does the example sentence above mean “do you intend to leave me?”

Thank you for your help!

For learning: Korean

Answers

려나 is the speaker's expression of the wondering to someone or someting if something or someone is likely to do
    when the wondering faces a certain object, the wondering turns into an asking or questioning.

so, in your example the speaker is asking the reason to /for 당신
    therefore adding "요" is possissible.

I think, 당신 is not in the presence of the speaker and the speaker want to ask eagerly for 당신