What is the difference between 'be describing' and 'describe'?

What is the difference between 'be describing' in the sentence below and 'describe'?
And why was 'be describing' used instead of 'describe' below?

Thank you for your answers in advance.

On the other hand, if you crossed her, watch out. She could hold a grudge against anyone who betrayed her trust. I could just as easily be describing myslef.

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    It emphasizes that the description just given can also apply to oneself. It is usually used to refer to a description in the previous sentences just given.

I could say "I could describe myself in the same way." OR "That description could also be used for me." However, the image given, of a person describing themselves, is more dramatic and the idea more firmly set by saying it "I could (right now) be describing myself (in the same way as I've just described him/her/them)"