Eastern vs Egyptian Arabic

I use a program called Pimsleur which offers only those two dialects of Arabic. I would like to know which one is the best for me to learn. Which one is more widely understood in the Arabic world. While learning a dialect I would also be learning Modern Standard & Arabic the alphabet.

Additional Details:

& the Arabic alphabet sorry.

For learning: Arabic

Egyptian and Eastern Arabic dialects are equally understandable. I can't really recommend one over the other.
    You can watch and compare Egyptian and Syrian or Lebanese movies or series to make up your mind which one do you like better.

Good Luck!

It could be equally understandable lots of people , but the Egyptian one is more known everywhere than Eastern thanks to Egyptian films, songs and theater.

From conversations with arab friends from all over arab countries, the Egyptian dialect is the most common one and is easily understood in all arab countries (due to the dominant egyptian cinema in the middle east). Dialects of north-african countries are difficult to be understood in gulf area and vice versa. Stick to Egyptian dialect or Fus-ha.