Hand+sunrise+heart= worried??

I looked up the word "worried" in Chinese and I foudn the symbol "担心". As far as I know, each of the symbols mean hand, sunrise and heart. I can't find the connectiong between these words and come up with the word "worried". Can anyone explain to me the connection?
Thank you very much! :)

Ana :)

For learning: Chinese (Other)

Answers

担 consists of "hand" and "sunrise", the original meaning of 担 is "use your shoulder to carry sth" which leads a new meaning of "response", so it's related to "hand(shoulder)". and the 2nd part "旦(sound: dan4) sunrise" contribute its sound to the character "担(sound:dan1 or dan4)". it's a typical constructure called "形声字", with literal translation "shape-sound character".
    hope it can help you to understand this character.
    It has been simplified.
    1.traditional characters.:擔心
    There is no “sunrise” at all. :D

擔:carry sth by shoulders ,心:heart
    so, 擔心 literally: carry one's heart by shoulders
    If you carry your heart by your shoulders, not put it inside your body, you must be worried. 放心(not worried ),literally : put heart down

擔= 手+詹
    擔=to carry sth. by shoulders
    手=hand,詹=to talk too much ;foot
    I don't know how could it mean "to carry".It looks confusing.

2.simplified characters 担心
    As Edward said, 旦 contributes to its sound. 擔 in 擔心 sounds like dan1(pinyin) and 旦 sounds like dan4. Thus the authority simplified 擔 into 担. It's easier to write but not quite different. (the left parts are the same)

More open questions for learning Chinese (Other)