Where do you go from here?

Judging from the few examples I have, "Where do you go (from here)?" apparently means something rather different from "Where are you going" but I can't seem to pin down what exactly it means.

Also, would you say it is a fixed expression? I'm asking this because the use of present tense strikes me as a little odd here. That is, despite the fact that the present tense normally indicates a regular activity (eg. "What do you eat for breakfast"), the phrase "Where do you go (from here)?" appears to be used in contexts where the speaker is asking the other person about her intentions. (On the other hand, "What do you eat?" can never be interpreted as asking the other person's intentions or plans, unlike "what are you going to eat?")

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    Yes you are right. "Where do you go from here?" is used as informal language when the speaker is asking the other person about her/his intentions about something. Also "Where do we go from here?" is used when 2 people are in the middle of a business deal OR when 2 people are talking about the future of their relationship.