How can I make these natural?

Josh has written a poem for us to recite to the whole class.
Violence only begets more violence.
Josh learned how to brew a beer when he was a bartender's apprentice.
Not only we learned that the beaten air hostess conceived a child, but also the shameless fact that the manager raped her.
After seeing that one of their best police officers died, the public was engendered with hopelessness.
Commitment and devotion is the only elements that I know which constitute exercise.
After the soldiers invaded the other land, they ravished the other land's women and caused them to beget illegitimate offspring.

P.S. Please note that four and the last sentence contains some sensitive, serious material which I posted after consideration. If anyone is offended, then I'm really sorry. I just want to practice writing touchy sentences in a sensitive way as well.

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    Josh has written a poem for us and will recite it to the whole class.
    [The original sentence implied that 'we' would recite the poem.]
    We not only learned that the beaten air hostess conceived a child, but also the shameless fact that the manager raped her.
    After seeing that one of their best police officers died, the public was filled with a feeling of hopelessness.
    Commitment and devotion is the only elements that I know which are absolutely essential to exercise.
    After the soldiers invaded the other land, they ravished the women, which resulted in the birth of illegitimate offspring.
    ['beget' means to father a child, so the women couldn't beget anything.]