What are some phrases related to work and the correct operation of things?

In English, the word work is pretty versatile.
"It doesn't work"
"It's not working yet"
"It is a lot of work to fix this"
"i have to go to work"
"I worked hard to achieve this"
"it doesn't work very well"
"that way does not work"

In Tagalog, i can say 'hindi Nagana na ito' (which I understand as 'it is not operational yet') or 'May trabaho ako' (there is a job with me / i have a job) but i would like to know more phrases or useful words related to Work, quantities of work, the correct or incorrect operational status of things. Can you help?

For learning: Filipino (Tagalog)

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    I think it's better to say:
    Nagtrabaho ako nang maigi/mabuti para maabot ito. = "I worked hard to achieve this".
    Maigi = thoroughly
    Mabuti (in this context) = excellently
    Just like Mag-aral nang mabuti/ maigi (Study hard) or Tingnan nang maigi (Look closely)

Just wanna clarify something in relation to the answers given by others.
    Ito = This
    So to say that Hindi ito gumagana means This is not working.
    Siya is a third person pronoun for "He" and "She" yet it also corresponds to "It" (animate objects). The use of "it" for inanimate objects is still debatable and may cause irksome for some old folks. According to the Philippine Centre for Language Study:

"In cases where the English "it " refers to an inanimate object, Tagalog does not use a pronoun at all." ---> Thus, you must come up with other ways to say it.

But people nowadays (including me) don't care at all using Siya for inanimate objects. Like our favourite expression in the office "Hindi nanaman siya gumagana. = It's not working again" when referring to our computer system.

Ádh mór ort ;)

"hindi gumagana ito." or "hindi ito gumagana"..

"may trabaho ako" is "i have job"

Its not working yet = Hindi pa gumana..
    It is a lot of work to fix this = matatagalan pa bag.o ito maaayos..
    i have to go to work = Kailangan kong magtrabaho/ kailangan kong pumunta sa trabaho..
    I worked hard to achieve this = Pinaghirapan ko itong narating ko ngayon.
    it doesn't work very well = Hindi ito gumagana ng maayos.

"It doesn't work" - Hindi gumana
    "It's not working yet" Hindi pa ito gumagana
    "It is a lot of work to fix this" - Marami pang kailangan gawin para maayos ito.
    "i have to go to work" Kailangan kong pumunta sa trabaho.
    "I worked hard to achieve this" Nagpakahirap akong magtrabaho para maabot ito.
    "it doesn't work very well" Hindi ito gumagana ng mabuti.
    "that way does not work" - hindi gumagana ang ganyang paraan.

Matatagalan pa bago ito maayos - It will takes time before it will be fixed. (root word tagal means take so long or takes time )
    Maayos is from the rood\t word ayos which means fix or okay.. unlike spanish and english we don't use s to make a singular to plural instead we used the word "mga" ex. Birds = mga ibon

Crap I answered the question that is not for me haha I'm quite sleepy

The root word of Nagpakahirap is not mahirap (poor) but it is hirap (hard/difficult)... Hmm nagpaka is used when you are doing the root word in the past and maybe until now.. so nagpakahirap(hirap=difficult) would literally means I did difficult things or I worked hard.

Another example from the root word "tanga" (stupid ) .. so Ako ay nagpakatanga. I was being stupid.

any question with nagpaka? I will try to answer

I'd like to put in some phrases as you requested.

Kailangan kong trabahuin ito = I have to work on this.
    Tapos na ako sa gawain ko. = I'm done with my work, (work = task)
    Obra 'yan ni Picasso = That's Picasso's work. (work = art)
    Nasa trabaho pa ako = I'm still at work. (work = job)
    Inaayos namin ang aming relasyon = We're working our relationship out. (work out = to solve)
    Ang bersyong pampelikula ay pinagpapalanuhan pa lamang. = The movie version is still in the works. (in the works = planning or preproduction stage)

Hope you find them useful. ;)

More open questions for learning Filipino (Tagalog)