I can hear difference in pronunciation of Xie Xie

My question:
I can hear difference in pronunciation of Xie Xie. When people speak around me I can hear in their pronunciation the sound "sh" like in word "she". But when I'm listening tv or radio I hear "sh+s", "sh" - like in "she" and "s" like in "sea". Is it possible that this word can sounds different on tv and ordinary life.

My husband's question:
How to pronunce "xie xie" in Chinese? It should be pronunced as "sh~ye,sh~ye" or "sh~s~ye sh~s~ye".

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    I know what you mean by sh~s~ye and I think you are right. However, using such romanisations as sh~ye and sh~s~ye will be very confusing for speakers of different languages who don't know what sounds you are trying to express.

Anyway, the pronunction is definitely not like sh~ye, as read with English pronunciation. Of course, many foreigners might say it like that, and you will probably be understood, but if you are aiming for accurate pronunciation, then do not say it like that.

it have only one pronunciation of Xie Xie
    it should be pronunced as "sh~ye,sh~ye"

it's definitely "shye shye" in Mandarin. in Cantonese it's more like "s", and many people mimic it trying to be funny or lighten up the atmosphere but usually they don't really speak Cantonese and can say it wrong and they also know it. other than this case, i think it's just because of accents, which i never heard before.

as far as English speaking people don't have soft s in their native language
    so
    they cannot say sie-sie with soft s
    and
    the closet sound appears as sh
    it's just sound system difference between English and Chinese