In Japan, what delightful food, places and activities can you share about your city to a tourist?

I'm incredibly infatuated with Japan's culture and am currently planning an extended trip in the next 2-3 years to just kick back and travel all over the amazing country. If there's anything you'd like to share about your city- please, I'd love to hear it! Perhaps, it's the dingy and ancient Ramen shop down the road that serves noodles from the heavens, or a place where you can buy Wasabi ice cream (I am actually so stoked that they offer such an odd flavour- can't wait to try it heh). Nearly all of Japan will be on the agenda and I can't wait to fill up each city with lines after lines of 'must do's. It can be the smallest little things to well-known icons that represent a certain area or city. I'd honestly love to hear it all! :-}

In addition, If anyone is interested in Brisbane or the Gold Coast- I'd be more than happy to fill you in.

For learning: Japanese

I live in Kumamoto prefecture.
    Kumamoto castle is famous to tourists.

here you are:)