When is the best time to visit Japan? (Season or month wise)

First and foremost, I realise that this is an extremely vague question, because well- I've heard that apparently Japanese weather depends on the area you are in. I'd like to know my safest bet for travelling to Japan though :-)
I'm thinking that, in the near future, I would probably visit Japan around early November or December to January or all the way to February. It would be snowing then, wouldn't it?
While I'm at it, I'd really like to take the opportunity to bath in a random traditional Japanese hotel's hot spring baths with snow monkeys. Would anyone happen to know where I'd be able to do that? (hohohohoho)
Just look at these cute little munchkins!
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=japanese%20snow%20monkeys%20in%20hot%20springs&rlz=1C1CHMO_enAU514AU514&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=SWAnUqySC4i3iQeZ7oHIDw&biw=1366&bih=643&sei=2mAnUv6tLYKGkAWni4HIDA

For learning: Japanese

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    Hi kina, I recommend going during the Cherry blossom season.On Japan's southern, subtropical islands of Okinawa, cherry blossoms open as early as January, while on the northern island of Hokkaido, they bloom as late as May. In most major cities in between, including Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka, the cherry blossom season typically takes place in early April.