How do you express future tense in German? And I don't know when to use das, der and die. Thanks you

For learning: German

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    As for der, die, das = we have several rules to help you with memorizing them. For example, if a word ends with -heit, -keit or -ung, they are usually female words so you'd have to use die. The natural gender may also play a role, for example a male medical doctor would be "der Arzt" while a female medical doctor would be "die Ärztin". There are more such rules, but I do not recall them right now as I am a native speaker of German. One curious fact is that we have words which may have different genders, for example "Radio" may be "das Radio" or "der Radio". I believe this is a regional thing though.

Regarding your other question:

We have two future tenses, Futur I and Futur II. Futur I corresponds, at large, to the English "I will do"-type of future and expresses that someone will do something in the future. Futur II - and I would not worry about this one right now - corresponds, at large, to the English "I will have done"-type of future and expresses that someone will already have finished something in the future.

I will give you the forms for Futur I and Futur II below:

Futur I (example "gehen"):

ich werde gehen
    du wirst gehen
    er/sie/es wird gehen
    wir werden gehen
    ihr werdet gehen
    sie werden gehen

so it is simply "pronoun + corresponding form of "werden" + verb"

Futur II:

ich werde gegangen sein
    du wirst gegangen sein
    er/sie/es wird gegangen sein
    wir werden gegangen sein
    ihr werdet gegangen sein
    sie werden gegangen sein

This is a bit more difficult at first, you use "pronoun + corresponding form of "werden" + partizip (the form you use for perfect tense) + the word "sein").