I don't understand what does "think of nothing" here mean?

As for Gabrielle at Royallieu, her expectations were not excessive, but she insisted on having them all and immediately:to sleep as long as she wished, to become the best horsewoman at Royallieu, and to think of nothing—in other words, to beat the Balsan crowd at their own game. She succeeded marvelously.】

I don't understand what does "think of nothing" here mean?why does it equal to "beat the Balsan crowd at their own game?"

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    When you say "Y beat X at their own game," you imply two things: (1) X is really good at doing something (referred to as "the game." (2) But Y was even better than X at this.

So the sentence as a whole *implies* (because the text is too short for me to say for sure) that (1) the Balsan crowd is very good at sleeping long hours, riding horses, and thinking of nothing (i.e., not using their minds, living the easy life, living life mindlessly), and (2) Gabrielle was better at these activities than even the Balsan crowd.