How to use the word "after" and " later" ?

Which one is correct?
1;After a month after I did something.
2;A months after I did something.

Can I chane "after" to "late"?
Original sentence
features were added to the service four months after its launch, Line caught on with young students.

features were added to the service four months LATER its launch, Line caught on with young students.

Thanks

Answers

They're not interchangeable. "After" needs something after it, i.e. 'after I did X, Y happened'. "Later" comes after something, i.e. 'I did X. Later, Y happened.'

Either sentence could be correct, but the first is quite clumsy with the word after repeated.
    You could not put later in the text you quote.

"I went to the shop after I went to the bank". - I went to the bank first.
    "I went to the shop, later I went to the bank" - I went to the shop first, then some time passed, then I went to the bank. Note the comma, that sentence makes no sense without it.

Sometimes people say 'after' when they mean 'afterwards' - this is closer in meaning to 'later', but with little or no time in between.

Second sentence is better, although first one is still okay, but redundant.

"... after its launch" is correct. "... later its launch" is not correct.