Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

anybody could tell me the meaning of the word "with" in these cases

1, I am having fun with my friends

2, i am having fun with the kalaok machine

some structure but different meaning of "with" i guess, please help me out ,i am so confused.

Additional Details:

can i regard it as same meaning in the flowing cases?
1) i am having fun with my friends.
2) he was fighting with his brother.

likewise,

1) i wrote with this pan.
2) i was having fun with this Kolaok mashine.

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    I am having fun with my friends = Both my friends and I are having fun; we are enjoying each other's company.
    I am having fun with the kalaok machine = I am using the machine to have fun; I am enjoying what I can do with the machine.

Basically, if you are having fun with other people, it implies that everyone is having a good time. If you are having fun with an inanimate object (such as a machine), you are using that object, and you are the only person having fun (because the machine cannot have an emotion).

Not sure if this is any clear for you:

1) You are having fun together with your friends. 2) You are having fun playing with the karaoke machine.