how are Italians?

I was reading an article on The Telegraph which speaks of the Britons and of their way to be polite and intending always the opposite of what they say, then I read another one about Spaniards way of been proud, traditionalist, always in time to defend their reasons and I was wondering: how are Italians? Is there anyone who would like to describe how Italians are, seen from the outside?

For learning: Italian

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    I'm Italian and in particular Sicilian, for this reason I don't know if my perspective could be alterated in a certain way. I will answer you with a verse by Verdi's Nabucodonosor: Italy is a "patria sì bella e perduta, una membranza sì cara e fatal", however. Italy has on Her shoulders one of the biggest cultural heritage of the world. But Italians are so alienated in the appearence's worship that they have forgotten our history.

More open questions for learning Italian