what is a meaning of वाला ?

I couldn't understand these sentences. (Structure of sentence)
अाप कहाँ के रहने वाले हैं ?

मैं भी यही बात कहने वाला थ .

I would like to know other example sentences using वाला .

Thank you for your attention :-)

For learning: Hindi

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    अाप कहाँ के रहने वाले हैं ? = Where are you from ?.......belong to ? For ex: I am from Pune, India. मै पुने / पुणे, भारत (India) का रहने वाला हूँ |
    आप कहा की रहनेवाली हो ? = Where are you from ? (From) Which country you belong to ?
    Other ex: दूधवाला = Milkman, साईकलवाला = the one who sales cycles, the person who has a cycle.

मैं भी यही बात कहने वाला थ . = Instead of थ | it should be - था | = I was supposed to say (that particular / the same) thing. Pl note, Full stop in Hindi is ( | ) and not like English ( . )

"Wala" word is give the sense of possession. eg.Dudha wala(milk man) ,Phoolwala(flower man),Dukan wala(shop owner).

The second wala(baat kahne "wala" tha) is a secondry verb which give the impression to main verb(kahna)that action was about to take place.eg.Mein padane(study)wala tha ki mera dost aa gaya.

More open questions for learning Hindi