Doubt

A partner I have told me that the word "doubt" is not used in english as we do in spanish, I mean for instance, when we are in a class the teacher use to ask to the students "any doubt?" when he end up to explain any topic, my question is
if I say I have a doubt with the meaning to the word "get" (I want to say that I don't know what the word mean or I don't understand it) is this correct?

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    Your friend is correct. In English you would say, "Any questions?" You have a question about the meaning of the word "get". If you have a doubt, it means you don't trust someone or something. For example, my son told me his homework was finished, but I doubt it. Or, I have some doubts about that car; it looks like it will break down any minute.

More resolved questions for learning English