Quesion about literature..)

If I want to learn English, I have to read English books. So, what English work of literature would you recommend?

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    It really depends a bit on your reading level.

One of my favorite books is "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe," by C.S. Lewis. He wrote a whole series of children's books called the "Chronicles of Narnia," which are interesting and not too difficult to read. My university students in China have enjoyed them.
    "Charlotte's Web" by E. B. White is another book I often recommend. Books written for adolescents are often good because they are entertaining and aren't too difficult to read.
    "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee is excellent.
    My students in China often love "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte
    My wife's favorite book is "Little Women" by Louisa M. Alcott
    You could also try "Tom Sawyer" or "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" by Mark Twain. There is a lot of slang in them, but they are written in an engaging style.
    "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley is fascinating, as are George Orwell's 1984 and Ray Bradbury's "Fahrenheit 451."
    "Of Mice and Men" by John Steinbeck is another good one.

If you want something more recent, you could also try the Harry Potter series or the Hunger Games.

O'Henry's short stories