Ore wa omera to koko de atte yokatta

Hello!
Sorry to bother.

I was just wondering if I could get some help to make the build of this statement something I can build further upon while learning japanese.
The sentence "Ore wa omera to koko de atte yokatta" (uttered by Luffy. Yes, I'm sure I'm the only anime-enthusiast here.)
From what I understand of japanese, the direct translation would be "Me (topic marker wa) You And Here/This Place (subject marker) Suits/Fits I'm happy."
In the translations, it says "I'm glad I met you guys here."
But had I not read the translation, I would've translated it "It suits/fits me fine to meet you here. I'm glad."
In what way am I off in my presumtion? And am I wrong in supposing "atte" could(or even SHOULD in this context) be translated as "benefitting"?

Thank you for your time.
T

For learning: Japanese
Base language: Japanese

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    Hello,

Your own translation is wrong. The translation given is correct. I shall explain to you the particular meanings of every part.
    What he says is: I'm glad I have met you all here.
    In Japanese: 俺はお前らとここで会ってよかった。おれはおまえらとここであってよかった。
    Ore ha -> I (am)
    omaera to -> with you guys
    koko de atte -> meeting/have met here
    yokatta -> good (past form)
    Literally: "It was good (that) I have met you guys here".

The "atte" comes from au 会う which means "to meet".

I know there are a lot of mistakes in the dubbing of Animes but this time, it's perfectly correct.