I need help with some sentences.

I need help with some sentences. Please keep in mind that I don't know any Kanji yet.

- When giving a gift to someone, how can you say "it fits you beautifully". Is this okay: anatani kireide au / anatani kireide aimasu.

- How would you translate the following sentence: Ima nara 25 paasento ofu desu!

I understand everything, except for nara. Without nara it means: "Now it is 25% off" According to my paper, with nara it means the same, but there must be some difference.

- What does itashimasu mean in the following sentence. From which verb (dictionary form) does it come from? If possible, I would like to see the Kanji of this verb.

Kyou kaeba, 500 pointo to mausu paddo wo sa-bisu itashimasu.

For learning: Japanese

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    1. Giving a gift is a bit different in Japan, culture-wise. Usually you just say: "tsumaranai mono desu ga, (uketotte kudasai)" or "osomatsu na mono desu ga, (uketotte kudasai)", both of which mean more-or-less "this item is boring / ill-prepared but, (please take it)". Things in parenthesis can be omitted because they're implied.

However, to answer your question, it's probably best to say: "niatte imasu / niatte iru" which means "It looks good on you / suits you well."

Important phrases:
    つまらないものですが(うけとってください)- it's boring but, (please take it)
    おそまつなものですが(うけとってください)- it's ill-prepared but, (please take it)
    にあっている-->にあっています - it suits you well

2. "nara" is a way to say "if". "If it's now, 25% off." This is more of a stylistic choice, putting emphasis largely on the fact that this sale won't last forever. Also, to me, it feels better, for what that's worth. I'm just not sure why.

3. "itashimasu" comes from "itasu" (致す・いたす), which is the humble version of "suru" (する). Humble versions of verbs are frequently used in business, among other applications. It's the same いたす as in 「どういたしまして」, the super polite way to say "you're welcome", if you're familiar with that. However, for all intents and purposes, you can just understand it as する.

Sentence meaning (if you want it):
    If you buy it today, you'll get 500 points and a mouse pad for free.

--

Anywho, I hope this wasn't too much. These are all pretty cultural questions, incidentally. Hope this answers your questions!

1 : first question is depend on gift. when you give food or sweets to someone, you can say おくちにあうかどうかわかりませんが、ほんのきもちです。This sentence means, I am not sure you like it or not, but I hope you like it. When you give clothes, you can say, あなたにとてもおにあいです。it means you fit very well!

2:いまなら25%オフです。 nara means similar word " only" so, if you lose this chance, you can not buy it 25%. only now 25% off. after that maybe price will be back .

3: itashimasu means respect and polite word of shimasu( to do something). Especally, we use business, or . we use this word. kanji is 致します。example, お伺いいたします。it means to visit your house or to ask your order.

I hope you can enjoy Japanese study!