Please help analyse this sentence

"with all the promise that holds, and all the challenges we know from just how hard the path with China’s been since Nixon’s trip" ---from nytimes

...with China's been... what roles these words play from the view of the sentence's structure? Does "China's" == "China has"? or somthing else?
In my opinion, it should be "...how hard the path with China has been..." . I mean, 'has been' is for 'the path'. and 'with China' is an attributive phrase. Is "China's" a typo?

Thanks!!!

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    You are correct, however the attachment of 'has' is misleading.

Here is the sentence in a less confusing order:
    "with all the promise that holds, and all the challenges we know from just how hard the path has been with China since Nixon’s trip"

I don't think it is incorrect, it's just less grammatically obvious that the 'has' belongs to 'the path'.