I need some serious help with pronouncing the big r in Italian

I've never been able to pronounce the rrrrrrrr sound in Italian/Russian/Swedish and it is very disturbing. Not being able to pronounce a language perfectly frustrates me very much. My friend told me to pronounce the big r in Italian in the French way and I still think it's not good enough.

Also it seems I'm having problem with the small r as well.....like the r in Lorenzo, Federico, riso. Sounds like a short l to me but they kept telling me it's not l.

Any tip on how I can learn them? Is there any doctor out there that helps with this? When I was in London a few people tried to teach me but it never worked. Plus I have a fat tongue, I'm not that type that can make a curl or a small w with my tongue. I don't have any problem with English though.

For learning: Italian

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    All you need is to start with exercise im 3 simple steps.

1 step
    you have to say "La la la....."
    early parts slowly and gradually go faster and faster

2 step
    As above but this time you have
    To say "TA ta ta....."

3 step
    As above but this time you have to say "TLA TLA TLA..."
    Remember!
    To the end you get your r
    "