Which one is a better expression?

I want to emphasis that incremental collaborative filtering is less time-consuming than traditional one.
First sentence:
“Calculating similarity matrices each time new data is imported is time-consuming, ESPECIALLY WHEN, incremental collaborative filtering can effectively bring on the new matrix based on the old one. ”
Second sentence:
"Calculating similarity matrices each time new data is imported is time-consuming, HOWEVER, incremental collaborative filtering can effectively bring on the new matrix based on the old one. "

Intuitively, I use "however" to express my idea, but someone revised it to "especially when", I wonder if "especially when" can express my idea stated above and if it does, which one is better?

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    You would use HOWEVER if you were contrasting your first statement with something different in the second statement.

However (see, now I am contrasting ;) ), when you want to back up your first statement or add additional meaning, you can use ESPECIALLY WHEN. I think it would sound better to use ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING THAT. You are explaining your first point. Also, you use a comma with however. But don't use it with especially when.

Calculating similarity matrices each time new data is imported is time-consuming, especially when incremental collaborative filtering can effectively bring on the new matrix based on the old one. ”

Calculating similarity matrices each time new data is imported is time-consuming, especially considering that incremental collaborative filtering can effectively bring on the new matrix based on the old one. ”

I think the second is more natural, but you can also say the first.