what does "get me through"mean? what does that "it' indicate? and ,what did he actually tried?

“I wish I’d thought of calling in a private detective. It never occurred to me. I’m glad someone’s done it. I just cannot believe she committed suicide. My therapist says that’s denial. I’m having therapy twice a week, not that it makes any fucking difference. I’d be snaffling Valium like Lady Bristow if I could still design when I’m on it, but I tried it the week after Cuckoo died and I was like a zombie. I suppose it got me through the funeral.”

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    If you get through a situation, it means that you survived or endured it.
    The speaker took the drug to attend the funeral without being overcome with emotion. It helped the speaker to at least function and attend the funeral without breaking down.