Pumunta or Pupunta?

How do you ask someone if they want to go out tonight? How does one make plans to go somewhere in the future? I got a bunch of different translations but they all mentioned pumunta. I thought one would use pupunta, because it is the future. Gusto mo pumunta out gabi? and Gusto mo pupunta out gabi? ready the same meaning according to google translate. Is it different if you are asking if they are going to go out tonight?

Huwag mo nais na pumunta out ngayong gabi? was the "correct" translation, but I put in Gusto mo pupunta and gusto mo pumunta, to isolate the verb,and the meaning remained unchanged.

For learning: Filipino (Tagalog)

The simplest answer is that if you use what's called a modal verb (need, want, may, can, should, etc.) and then follow it with a second verb, the second one needs to be in infinitive form.

For example:

Gusto mo bang lumabas ngayong gabi? (Would you like to go out tonight?)
    Dapat kong gawin ito. (I should do this.)
    Kailangan nating dagdagan ang Tang. (We need to add more Tang.)
    Pwede ba naming pumunta sa mall? (May we go to the mall?)
    Nais kitang pakasalan. (I would like to marry you.)
    Ano'ng ibig mong sabihin? (What do you mean? Literally "What do you want to say?")