Grammar. Could you help me ? Thanks

Correct ?

1) When I asked for direction from the policeman at the train station in English yesterday evening, he was not willing to answer me. It's because he thought speaking English wasn't meaningful for him because we are in China. I think he didn't respect me.

2)Mary is studying a degree.

3) When did this store set up ?

4) Which year did this store set up?

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    1) When I asked for directions from a policeman at the train station in English last night, he didn't answer my question. The policeman presumably thought that learning (to speak) English was not useful to him because we live in China. I don't think he respected me. (not sure this really makes sense, maybe the policeman can't speak English. Respect has got nothing to do with it)

2) Mary is studying for a degree.

3) When did this store open?

4) For how many years has this store been open? More likely to say "How long's this store been open?"

1) When I asked for directions from a policeman at the train station in English last night, he was not answering my question. The policeman thought that speaking English was not useful for him because we live in China. I don't think he respects me.

2)Mary is studying for a degree.

3) When did this store open?

4) How many years has this store been open for?