A good book to introduce chinese people to western thought?

When I was studying China and studying Chinese, one of the best things that I read was a book called The Geography of Thought: How Asians and Westerners Think Differently...and Why. This book explained many psychological differences in how East Asians and Westerners make decisions, categorize, and plan. I've recomended it to all of my American and European friends who want to understand China and Chinese people better.

But what can I recomend to Chinese friends who want to understand America better? Are there any similar books in China that are good quality? (I assume that there are many books like 怎么动美国人的思想 or 西方人怎么想, but I want to know about high quality books that give good information.)

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    I recommend "The Histories of Nations" by Peter Furtado, edited by Blume.
    It is a collection of essays, each one focusing on a different country, writen by a leading scholar. There is also a Spanish edition.

Thank you for sharing the book. Please have a look at this page, it was written by a lady who was born in China, but living in Germany now, actually they all pictures, they are about different.

http://wenku.baidu.com/link?url=ZMv4aklesk4LJ83-fUXCUUPouqpKHbVHG2Cs3G9weqaSTjiqQj42mis2lTqqaIrXh6C-2xY085-jzdEpvBpf97SxRlMpJLdpKw31DaifIEi

From Dawn to Decadence: 500 Years of Western Cultural Life 1500 to the Present
    by Jacques Barzun