por favor me explique

El rey dijo que allí estaba un joven encerrado en la puerta. La misma suerte le esperaba si no podía encontrarla dentro de tres días. Él se decidió a buscarla pero tampoco la halló y le encerraron.

Yo se "The king said that there was a 'young lock' on the door. The same luck is expected for you if you cannot find her within three days. He decided to look for her but neither locked and found her"

por favor me explique, "estaba un joven ecerrado" y "tampoco la halló y le encerraron."

For learning: Spanish
Base language: Spanish

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    The king said, there was a young man who is locked in (within) the door. You will suffer the same fate if you failed to find it ( I think refers to the door because encotrarla la puerta?and not encontrarlo el joven ) within 3 days. He decided to look for it but also couldn't find it, so they imprisonated him.
    halló Is past of hallar, which means to be found.
    Encerrado is to be locked up not the lock itself

I hope it helps :)

There are a couple of things in the paragraph that don't sound good to me. First, at least in spanish from Spain, it should be "...un joven encerrado TRAS la puerta", otherwise "..en la puerta" would mean he was enclosed INTO the door!!!. On the other hand, the verb "encerrar" is transitive, it means it needs a direct object, so the sentence should say "...no la halló y LO encerraron", and not "...no la halló y LE* encerraron".
    The meaning of the paragraph is: The king said there was a young man locked up behind (at the other side of) the door. The same luck was expected for the person who was listening to the king (supposedly, another young man -a prince?- who wants, he too, to save the princess) if he couldn't find her within the three days that followed. He decided to look for her, but he didn't succeed, either, and, as a consequence, he was locked up too (as the king had threatened).
    Sorry for my bad english...