The streets converged, coming together at odd angles.

I know an angle can be obtuse, right, or acute, but I can't quite understand the concept of an odd angle. Appreciate your explanation.

I am not sure if it would help, but here is the sentence I found in a book:
The streets converged, coming together at odd angles, as the city narrowed to the point where the great rivers met, the Monongahela and the Allegheny, their confluence forming the Ohio, which traveled to Kentucky and beyond before it poured itself into the Mississippi and disappeared.

Last question, is the "as" in the passage the same as the phrase "just like"? Thanks

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    You expect streets to meet at right angles usually so odd angles means not at right angles and not in any regular pattern. "As" is more like "where" or "as you get towards", but the writer uses where in the same sentence.