future tenses

does anyone can tell me the differences between the following five future tenses:
1)(으)려고 하다
2)(으)ㄹ 거예요
3)(으)ㄹ 게요
4)겠어요
5)(으)ㄹ 것이다

For learning: Korean

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    1. (으)려고 하다 shows that the speaker has the intention to do something. It doesn't necessarily mean they will do it.

2. (ㅇ)ㄹ 거예요 is just a simple way to say things in the future tense. No hidden nuances. "I will do this", "I'm going to do this".

3. (으)ㄹ게요 is used when the future action of the speaker affects the listener. For example, someone told you to study harder, so you can say "네, 앞으로 열심히 공부할게요" (yes, I will study hard from now on). Another example is when you are out with someone and you need to leave to go somewhere else, you can say "저 갈게요" (I'm going now). You use 갈게요 instead of ㄹ거예요 because you are leaving that person, so it affects them.

4. 겠어요 is a little politer than (으)ㄹ 거예요.

5. (으)ㄹ 것이다 means the same thing as (으)ㄹ 거예요. I'd say that this is the dictionary/root/basic form of (으)ㄹ 거예요. [(으)ㄹ 것이다 > (으)ㄹ 것이에요 > (으)ㄹ 거예요]. 거예요 is a contraction of 것이에요.